The SolarWinds Cloud properties, develop unique cloud-based platforms designed to help companies collect, visualize, store, trace, and create alerts on large amounts of streaming data to manage the health of their applications. We are part of a parent company, SolarWinds which provides powerful and affordable IT management software for the enterprise to more than 100,000 customers worldwide. SWI has $500M in revenue and 40% growth year over year. Together we offer application performance management for any environment, with unexpected simplicity.
We are looking for full-time Site Reliability Engineers to help us build the scalable backend systems that power our monitoring, tracing, and metrics service platforms.
● Iterate, iterate, iterate.
● Write code in Ruby, Python, and configuration management to automate repetitive tasks.
● On-call rotation.
● Be passionate about monitoring.
● Believe MTTR is more important than MTBF.
● Believe Operations provides a service instead of working tickets.
● Understand that availability is everyone’s responsibility.
● Optimize the entire software delivery pipeline with quality built in.
● Believe that data trumps all mere opinions.
● Have a belief in Agile methodologies to enable high team velocity.
● 6-12 years industry experience
● Significant experience with cloud-based deployment and ephemeral hardware.
● Comfortable with a variety of *NIX platforms.
● Experience managing significant load in the wild, comfortable with scale-out tiers, resiliency.
● Strong scripting language experience (bash, Ruby, Python).
● Strong intrapersonal skills with the ability to work well with other team members, customers.
● Ability to work independently / deliver without supervision.
● Experience implementing DevOps practices.
● Experience managing large AWS infrastructures.
● Plusses are Metrics, Monitoring, Graphite, Logstash.
We offer great compensation packages and the opportunity to solve challenging problems with skilled
colleagues. Our team uses practices to maximize our development velocity, including but not limited to:
ChatOps, continuous integration/deployment, code review via GitHub pull requests, and preferring
asynchronous communication to meetings.
● Competitive compensation and benefits
● A team committed to life/work balance
● Fewer meetings, more shipping!