The Solarwinds cloud business was formed through carefully orchestrated acquisitions of numerous young and innovative SaaS businesses. We use the latest technologies, we are agile, and since are an all SaaS business we are fast! We are focused on building amazing, scalable products for our customers. We maintain a fun, exciting, dynamic startup culture based upon teams of extremely talented people. We do have the added benefit of being we having corporate financial backing which allows us to explore non-organic growth opportunities and additional investment for strategic initiatives! The Cloud business is critically important to the future growth of Solarwinds Inc.
Below is a summary of our Monitoring Cloud portfolio of Products and the primary problem they solve for nearly 1 million end users.
Pingdom – Digital experience and end user monitoring
TraceView – Application Performance Monitoring (APM) for code-level insights
Librato – Aggregation of cloud metrics into real-time monitoring dashboards
Papertrail – Cloud-hosted log management for troubleshooting
Pingdom Server Monitor – Cloud-based server monitoring
We are looking for talented people who like to solve challenging problems with energy!
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong hands on background in engineering excellence in iteration development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
• Passion for continuous improvement through innovation and creative thinking
• Deep hands-on technical expertise with the latest Cloud/SaaS technologies.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Strong technical background in full stack application development
• Significant experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies
• Proven passion around personal and professional development of direct reports
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience with SaaS based deployments (or similiar Cloud) (including automated testing)
• Experience building distributed systems
• Scrum master certification
• Experience with web application development and API development
• Experience leading geographically distributed engineering team
• Experience implementing micro-service based deployments
• 7+ years of experience designing, developing, and deploying software
• 4+ years of experience leading or managing a development and test team
• Experience with Ruby on Rails
• Experience with Clojure is a plus
• Experience with RabbitMQ (or another messaging system)