As a member of our Global DevOps Engineering team you will be part of a team responsible for automation, deployment, configuration management, maintenance, and monitoring of the infrastructure which supports the Solarwinds family of cloud-based products. Principal focus for this position is for our eMail security SAAS product (Mail Assure) but, will also be involved in other product areas within the Global DevOps remit.
Solarwinds MSP provides cloud-based email security, continuity, and archive services to thousands of organizations worldwide. These services use a geographically distributed architecture encompassing multiple datacenters and hundreds of dedicated servers as well as leveraging services from public cloud providers (e.g. Amazon). The Solarwinds family of SaaS offerings and their underlying infrastructure are both experiencing substantial growth. This individual will play an important role in supporting the 24x7 availability and ongoing growth of our service offerings. This individual will also play a key role in evolving the team to embrace IAC, automation, and DevOps methodologies as how the services are managed.
A successful candidate will be a highly skilled DevOps Engineer who is also passionate about systems stability, security and operational efficiency. If this describes you and you can thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
• Team-centric mentality – comfortable working in a globally distributed team.
• Strong communication skills
• Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality
• Ability to manage multiple, varied activities
• Flexible approach to working, including on-call responsibilities
• Enthusiastic and motivated to drive change through technology
• Ability to work well under pressure
DevOps TL Responsibilities
• This is a player/coach role – requiring hands on Engineering work while also overseeing the execution and delivery of work within the team.
• Prioritize, develop, and deliver automation and orchestration capabilities which allow us to operate at scale (an IAC mindset and approach to managing environments at scale).
• Work cross functionally with operations and engineering teams to ensure 24x7 availability of service offerings
• Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes
• Optimize security of all operational systems
• Ensure comprehensive monitoring of all systems, including creation of dashboards for internal team use.
• Participate in delivery of new service offerings, working closely with development team to deliver low latency, high performance applications
• Analyze application characteristics and behavior, to optimize hardware configuration and performance of operational systems
• Provide DB management, experience with DB tuning and optimization considered a significant plus (MySql)
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in appropriate technical discipline.
• 5+ year’s relevant technical experience.
• Senior level Linux skills and ability to mentor other team members.
• Experience designing and implementing SAAS solutions at scale.
• Holds a AWS Certification, or has proven knowledge of AWS desired.
• Working experience of DevOps in a global environment - Apache, Nginx web farms running high-volume database-driven applications – ideally RHCE qualified or equivalent GNU/Linux experience or qualification
• Solid TCP/IP networking experience and understanding
• MySQL experience including database tuning, high availability, replication and optimization.
• Experience with tools for automation of deployment, monitoring and management of systems, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, SaltStack,
• Scripting and systems-related programming skills
• Network, OS and Application monitoring tools, such as Munin, Nagios, Zabbix